Early headship coaching offer
This targeted one-year support package has been tailored to the needs of new headteachers.
It provides structured, unassessed face-to-face support based on the best available evidence about what makes an effective headteacher.
You can complete it alongside the national professional qualification for headship (NPQH). You can also do it if you have recently taken the NPQH.
The support you recieve will differ depending on your chosen provider. It may include group coaching, one-to-one support and peer networking.
You’re eligible for this support if you meet the following criteria:
- are in your first 5 years of headship at a state-funded school or state-funded organisation that offers 16 to 19 places in England
- are taking or have completed the NPQH
- have not withdrawn from the additional support programme previously
The following DfE-approved providers offer this support:
- Ambition Institute
- Best Practice Network (home of Outstanding Leaders Partnership)
- Church of England
- Education Development Trust
- LLSE (Leadership Learning Securing Excellence)
- National Institute of Teaching
- Teacher Development Trust
- Teach First
- UCL Institute of Education
Speak to your line manager or contact the above providers to express your interest. Your school may be able to help you choose a provider.
Register with us so we can confirm you’re eligible for the early headship coaching offer.